Carnival Cruises have developed the complex to enable its Seabourn, Princess, Holland America, Carnival and P&O cruise ship to call there along with non-Carnival ships. The cruise centre is spread over 20 acres with an additional 10 acre private island which is expected to host over half a million passengers annually on board over 200 cruise liners.
The new ship terminal and private island will boast a number of innovative facilities for passengers which include:
* A ‘Magical Flying Beach Chair’, a cable suspended lift, will be one way in which passengers will be able to travel from pier to the beach.
* A beach with 825 feet of pristine white sand.
* An extensive range of shops and restaurants on the beach.
* Volleyball courts and water sports opportunities.
* Shore excursion facilities.
A new 3690 passenger, 130, 00-ton ship has also been ordered by Carnival for 2012 spring delivery. This ship will also include the latest innovative design features which include:
* A 300 foot corkscrew water slide.
* Indoor and outdoor cafés.
* Centres design with teens and children in mind.
* Cantilevered whirlpools which extend over the sides of the ship.
* A 24,000 square foot spa.
Further facilities are due to be revealed as the construction of the ship continues. Exciting times are ahead for cruisers looking for exceptional value for money and the very latest technological advances in the world of cruise ships.
Image: Carnival Sensation