Carnival’s Conquest emerged from dry dock late October 2012
Conquest’s dry dock refurbishment, which saw a number of improvements made to the ship, was the latest in the company’s fleetwide $500 million enhancement program known as “Fun Ship 2.0”.
The ship received dramatic upgrades to the dining and culinary experiences on board, the bars and watering holes were refurbished too and there were several new and exciting changes made to the entertainment facilities.
The ship’s enhancements included the addition of …
- The RedFrog Rum Bar: an open-air Caribbean-themed bar offering rum-based frozen drinks and beers.
- The BlueIguana Tequila Bar: an exciting Mexican-themed poolside bar serving frozen cocktails and specialist Mexican beers.
- The Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy”. Sample interesting cocktails from the prescription menu, or become a chemist and mix your own!
- The EA Sports Bar: a hangout for sports fanatics and video game lovers! Play EA Sports games or keep an eye on your team’s score as you watch the live action!
- Guy’s Burger Joint: a poolside venue created in association with Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri. Serves delicious burgers and hand-cut fries.
- BlueIguana Cantina: a free-of-charge Mexican cantina offering tacos and burritos that can be customised by diners with the extensive salsa and toppings bar. YUM!
- The Punchliner Comedy Club & The Punchliner Comedy Club Brunch: George Lopez brings more laughs and a host of comedic talent to the club, along with a humorous twist on brunch.
- Cherry on Top: shop through bins of candy, gifts, novelties, colourful custom apparel and more.
Early December 2012, Carnival Conquest will feature two new exciting entertainment options for guests: Hasbro, The Game Show and Playlist Productions.
Hasbro, The Game Show is an innovative adaption of the company’s board games where the guests are made the STARS of the show! Meanwhile, Playlist Productions combines captivating live performances with high-tech LED staging and thrilling special effects.
Carnival keeps patrons updated on progress:
Several days ago, Carnival released a number of pictures of the refurbishments on day nine of Conquest’s dry dock. In the gallery, fans could see the work carried out by the dozens of contractors based in Freeport, The Bahamas. Here we show one of the pictures, but you can click this link to see the remainder of the gallery:
We can’t wait to see the finished bars and eateries, and of course we will share pictures here of the brand new refurbishments once Carnival publish them.
What’s next for Carnival Conquest post-dry dock?
Conquest will continue its schedule from New Orleans through Nov 9th 2013 before sailing to Miami.
Carnival Sunshine (currently Carnival Destiny, but due to be renamed after a refit next winter) will then head over to New Orleans to replace Conquest.