Earlier this month Celebrity announced they will reprise their indulgent “Excite the Senses” cruises during 2013.
There will be four “Excite the Senses” cruises sailing at intervals throughout 2013. The first will be onboard the new Celebrity Reflection ship, which will sail on March 9th 2013 and embark on a 7-night voyage around the Eastern Caribbean on a round-trip from Miami. Lucky holidayers will get to enjoy a host of fabulous food and drink-related experiences, including in-depth demonstrations, tasting sessions, food and beverage pairing dinners and thrilling behind-the-scenes culinary experiences led by Celebrity’s top chefs, sommeliers and beverage experts. The comprehensive sensory experience will take place within Celebrity’s signature modern luxury restaurants, lounges and public spaces. The three additional sailings will take place in July, August and October and further details will be announced throughout the year.
Speaking of the upcoming cruises, Scott Steenrod , the Vice President of Food and Beverage Operations with Celebrity said:
“The Excite the Senses cruises expand our everyday emphasis on the enjoyment and exploration of fine food and drink into a full-on immersion. Guests who love to be in-the-know with the hottest food trends, to master certain cooking techniques, to understand how foods balance with each other and with wine or beer, come away from these cruises with a deep sense of satisfaction and a heightened appreciation for the artistry of cooking, entertaining, and eating.”
On this journey, Celebrity Cruises’ James Beard-featured director of culinary operations Chef John Suley will replicating the highly successful menu produced for the recent 2013 New York pop-up restaurant, as well as preparing one off dinners from his popular 2012 James Beard menu.
Culinary demonstrations will take place in the main theatre, while Celebrity’s corporate executive chef Steve Van Der Merwe, who is a South African native, will host a traditional “braai” at the Lawn Club Grill on the ship’s top deck. In addition, corporate executive chef Rufino Rengifo will create a special menu for dinner in Tuscan Grille and host several culinary demonstrations too.
Those embarking on the “Excite the Senses” cruise can also expect the following range of thrilling and exciting activities during their holiday:
- Highly interactive classes in the art and architecture of modern pastry and confection, taken by corporate executive pastry chef Thierry Houlbert,
- Interactive workshops hosted by corporate restaurant operations manager Lorenzo Davidoiu,
- A class that cheese lovers will not want to miss, hosted by corporate maitre d’Dominique Gamba,
- A masterclass in mixology from James Beard-featured Junior Merino (known as The Liquid Chef), who will be sharing his expertise on making the most amazing cocktails from fresh unexpected ingredients and techniques, and
- A wine workshop, including tastings, held by sommelier and certified wine educator Luis Reyneri of Jackson Family Wines.