CRUISING FOR A CAUSE: country music star Rockie Lynne will sing on first-ever fundraising cruise to support U.S. veterans
Rockie Lynne will be performing with his five-piece band onboard Caribbean Princess during the ship’s November 5th-9th sailing, a roundtrip from Houston through the Western Caribbean.
Lynne is a veteran himself, who regularly supports military charities. The musician will perform in the ship’s Theatre, plus he will play an intimate gig in “Club Fusion.”
About the Charity Sailing:
This groundbreaking new sailing aims to raise funds for two veterans’ organisations: Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund Inc. and Operation Homefront Inc.
Princess Cruises will donate the tax-deductible portion of your cruise fare from the sailing (up to $300) and match that donation out of their own pocket too. The voyage is expected to generate in excess of $1 million for the two charities.
Rockie Lynne joins a number of special guests on the charity cruise, including:
- Admiral Michael Mullen (Ret.), former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Mrs. Deborah Mullen
- General George Casey (Ret.), former Army Chief of Staff and Mrs. Sheila Casey
- Admiral James Loy (Ret.), former Commandant, U.S. Coast Guard and Mrs. Kay Loy
- Admiral Gary Roughead (Ret.), former Chief of Naval Operations and Mrs. Ellen Roughead
- General Norton Schwartz (Ret.), former Air Force Chief of Staff and Mrs. Suzie Schwartz
Guest speakers will hold special lectures, including:
- Joe Galloway – Decorated War Correspondent and Co-Author of We Were Soldiers Once…and Young
- Justin Constantine – Lt. Colonel, USMC Reserve, speaker and veteran’s advocate
- Gregory Melikian – Former Army sergeant selected to announce the unconditional surrender of Germany and the end of WWII in Europe
Other cruise highlights involve:
- Panel Discussion with Mrs. Mullen, Mrs. Casey, Mrs. Roughead & Mrs. Schwartz on the joys and challenges of military family life
- Service branch get-togethers hosted throughout the voyage by our distinguished retired military senior officers.
- Evening performance with Jari Villanueva, retired Air Force bugler from Arlington National Cemetery and foremost authority on Taps and other U.S. military bugle calls
- Stars and Stripes Sailaway
- Military Film Festival
- Veterans fundraising walk on deck
- Military themed shows and entertainment
The cruise will be hosted by Princess President and CEO Alan Buckelew, who is a Vietnam veteran himself.
In addition, active and retired military personnel who book this cruise will be eligible for $50 free onboard credit to spend, as part of the line’s ongoing Military Benefit Programme.
About Rockie Lynne:
Lynne’s debut single “Lipstick” spent 10 consecutive weeks at number one in the Billboard Country Singles Sales chart. The singer is co-founder of an annual charity motorbike ride called “Tribute to the Troops”, which has to date raised more than $250,000 to aid families of the fallen. Further, one third of proceeds from Lynne’s latest album named “Songs for Soldiers” will benefit related charities too.
Image: PRNewsFoto/Princess Cruises