Originally posted: 01 August 2014 | Updated on 12 November 2019 by Darcy Alexander
Cruise and Stay holidays are a great way to create a personalised holiday, on your terms at unbeatable cruise prices. But what exactly are they, and why are they so popular?
What is a Cruise & Stay Holiday?
Combining the best of both worlds: cruising on the seven seas and enjoying overnight stays in exotic locations.
When embarking on a standard cruise, you’re often limited to only 8 hours in any destination. Shortly after arrival, you usually enjoy breakfast and then leave at sunset, leaving you with little time to explore and immerse yourself in the culture. This way of cruising is fantastic if you want to see lots of places in one short trip, but if you prefer a slower pace and a more culturally immersive adventure, then a Cruise and Stay holiday may be a better alternative for you.
Cruise and Stay holidays often include a week at sea followed by a week at a hotel (or vice versa). Timings are of course variable, and you can tailor the package to suit you.
The Benefits of Cruise and Stay
There are many fantastic reasons to cruise on a Cruise and Stay holiday, but we’ve selected what we feel are the best reasons:
- 2 in 1: essentially, you get two holidays in one! Cruise and Stay holidays combine the very best of both a cruising and a traditional holiday format.
- More time to explore your must-visit destinations. You decide how long you’d like to spend cruising and exploring. Don’t miss out on the world’s most incredible locations.
- Bespoke packages, just for you – you choose when you want to cruise, where and for how long you’d like to stay.
- Most trips will include escorted tours and free excursions. Let the travel experts do the work and plan your tours and trips to your preferences.
- Flights, accommodation, meals and in some cases even your drinks are all included!!
Are you interested in a Cruise and Stay Holiday?
Connect with us
If you’ve been on a cruise and stay holiday, we’d love to hear about your experiences! Leave us a comment and we look forward connecting with you!