Royal Caribbean’s Rhapsody of the Seas had a spectacular overhaul last month! After spending most of March in Singapore’s Sembawang Shipyard, the ship has now emerged from dry dock and is making it’s way to Sydney, as revellers enjoy a host of sparkly new features onboard.
Highlights include brand new dining options, a plush new cocktail bar AND plenty of technology for those who love their gadgets!
New dining options:
The renovation means there are now lots of new places to dine onboard. There’s literally something to suit all tastes and budgets: from sushi to steak to Bolognese – Rhapsody has it covered!
Diners can now enjoy:
- Giovanni’s table, an Italian Trattoria – yummy!
- Izumi Asian Cuisine, Pan Asian cuisine featuring sushi!
- Park Cafe Deli, an indoor/outdoor gourmet market.
- Chop’s Grille, a delicious steakhouse offering premium quality meats.
- Chef’s Table, enjoy this exclusive, private experience.
Fancy a Cosmopolitan, Bloody Mary or Pina Colada? Rhapsody’s old champagne bar has now been transformed into a 60s cocktail lounge, complete with plush new furnishings and master mixologists who are ready to tantalise your taste buds with their swanky drinks!
Stay in touch with your family and friends while you’re out at sea with Rhapsody’s all new Wi-Fi connectivity, which spans the whole of the ship. Gadget lovers will enjoy the iPads in the staterooms (which are perfect for exploring the day’s itinerary!) plus the new LED movies screen on the pool deck. As if that wasn’t enough for the technology enthusiasts, the refurb ALSO includes a new state of the art digital way-finding system, which first debuted on both RCI’s Oasis and Allure of the Seas ships during their overhauls last year.
The best of the rest:
And if all of THAT wasn’t enough to excite you, we can also reveal that Rhapsody has even MORE changes for you to enjoy too:
- Royal Babies and Tots Nursery
- a Diamond Lounge for Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members
- a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and top-tier loyalty guests
- Completely refreshed staterooms, complete with iPads!
- Flat-panel televisions in all staterooms
- Reinvented Centrum
Once Rhapsody arrives at Sydney, it will sail cross the Pacific via Hawaii before beginning the new Alaska season, which kicks off in May 2012.