Fans of Geoffrey Zakarian will enjoy a number of activities onboard Breakaway hosted by the “Iron Chef” himself.
The celebrity chef will host the following:
- A meet and greet session where fans can have their photo taken with the chef
- A number of fun and dynamic cooking demonstrations,
- A personalised signing of Zakarian’s cookbook, and
- An opportunity to attend intimate dining experience at restaurant “Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian”.
These events will take place onboard Breakaway between 7-10th November and 5-10th December 2013.
During the intimate dining experience, guests will sample a special tasting menu, served by Zakarian himself.
About Geoffrey Zakarian:
The celebrity chef launched three new restaurants onboard Breakaway earlier this year, each is focussed on seafood:
- Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian – an elegant seafood dining experience, with a focus on quality ingredients and expert culinary techniques,
- The Raw Bar – focused on crustaceans, curds, cocktails and wines by the glass, and
- Ocean Blue on The Waterfront – a more casual dining option focussed on fun and easy fare.
Zakarian has organised all elements of the restaurants himself, from the uniforms worn by waiters to the glassware served with dinner.
The chef has had an extraordinary career, spanning over 25 years to date. He has worked in some of the USA’s premier restaurants, and has a number of television appearances under his belt too, including appearances on hit shows Iron Chef America, CHOPPED and The Best Thing I Ever Ate. He has also penned a top selling cookbook called “Geoffrey Zakarian’s Town/County: 150 Recipes for Life Around the Table”.
And on top of all that, the chef also owns three other restaurants on land, two popular eateries in New York City called “The Lambs Club” and “The National”, plus a third in Atlantic City called “The Water Club at Borgata.”
About Norwegian Breakaway:
146,600 gross tonne Breakaway is Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest vessel, and currently the fifth largest cruise ship in the world. She can hold 4,000 passengers at double occupancy.
The ship is home ported at the New York Passenger Ship Terminal in Manhattan. Celebrating her root in the Big Apple, Breakaway features a New York themed hull design, painted by pop icon and America’s most popular living artist, Peter Max.
Norwegian’s sister ship “Getaway” will be launching in 2014. The company have already confirmed the ship will also feature at least one of Geoffrey Zakarian’s Ocean Blue restaurants.
Further, Norwegian have this month announced they’ve placed an order for a new “Breakaway Plus” ship – the second in the series. The first as yet unnamed ship will be delivered in 2015, and the new second vessel is expected to be in service sometime during 2017.