- Borneo, Orangutans & Sun Bears Tour
- Walls & Warriors, Singapore, Hong Kong & Asia
- Bali & Sri Lanka Wonders
- Indian Rail Adventure
- Golden Triangle Celebrity Cruises
- Stellenbosch Winelands & Game Drive Safari
- Best of the Rockies & Alaska Inside Passage 2024
- Iguazu Falls 2024
- New Zealand
- South Pacific
- All destinations
- All Cruise & Tours
African All-Inclusive Touring with Rovos Rail & Azamara Pursuit Cruising
Discover the excitement of South Africa with Cape Town’s most fascinating means of travel: the Rovos Rail. Inspired by Victorian rail travel, this unique train features leather armchairs, wood-panelled designs and antique touches that are sure to transport you into the bygone era of elegance. Throughout your rail journey, visit historic 19th century villages along your idyllic route of sweeping grassland plains and breathtaking mountain range views. Combine this luxurious 3-night rail stay with a fabulous 12-night all-inclusive Azama cruise and you will have yourself a truly unforgettable holiday!
January Temperature in South Africa
Rovos Rail & Victoria Falls Tour 2023/2024
|Start Date||Nov 2023 & Jan 2024|
|End Date||Dec 2023 & Jan 2024|
|Duration||20 - 25 Nights|
1nt Pretoria Boutique Hotel, 3nts Rovos Rail, 3nts Cape Town Stay, 2nt Stellenbosch Stay (Nov Only), 12nt All Inclusive Cruise, Optional Add On - 3nts Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
Your tour: (30th Nov. 2023 & 8th Jan. 2024)
‣ Rovos Rail Pretoria – Cape Town: After breakfast, transfer to the station to board Rovos Rail for your all-inclusive 3-night stay. Travel across the goldfields of the Witwatersrand and the grassland plains of the Highveld before joining your fellow travellers in the lounge and observation cars (all-inclusive).
‣ Breakfast & lunch are served in the dining car before arriving at Kimberley. Enjoy a tour of Kimberley’s Diamond Mine Museum and the Big Hole. Capital of the Northern Cape, Kimberley is well known for the discovery of diamonds that led to its establishment in 1871 (all-inclusive).
‣ Today the train travels through the Karoo, a vast semi-desert region that was once an enormous inland sea. After lunch, guests can disembark the train at Whitehill Siding and walk the 5km into Matjiesfontein with a staff member accompanying the group.
‣ Disembark at Matjiesfontein for a stroll through the historic Victorican village and a visit to a railway museum near the Lord Milner Hotel (all-inclusive).
‣ Disembark Rovos Rail in Cape Town and transfer to your hotel for a 3-night stay (BB)
‣ Heli Flip experience – take a short sightseeing flight from V&A Waterfront for a unique bird's eye view of Cape Town (BB)
‣ Day at leisure in Cape Town to explore the city independently. We recommend taking a cable car ride the top of Table Mountain or a Peninsular tour for spectacular sights of the Cape (BB).
‣ After breakfast, transfer to your hotel in Stellenbosch wine region for a 2-night stay (BB, Nov. 2023 only, Jan. package transfer to ship).
‣ Day at leisure in Stellenbosch to enjoy this picturesque town. Our recommendation: visit one of the many stunning wineries for a cellar tour and a delicious wine tasting (BB, Nov. 2023 only).
‣ After breakfast, transfer to Cape Town port to embark Azamara Pursuit for your 12-night all-inclusive cruise
‣ Optional add on – 3-night Victoria Falls Safari Lodge Stay (27th Nov. 2023 or 5th Jan. 2024)
‣ Day 2 - Enjoy a day at leisure. We recommend taking the complimentary shuttle to Victoria Falls rainforest or the town centre for exploring. In the evening, take a Ra-Ikane Sunset Cruise (B,L,D).
‣ Day 3 - After breakfast, take a guided tour of Victoria Falls. In the evening, enjoy dinner & drum show at a local restaurant with transfers (B,L,D).
‣ Day 4 - After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival, meet with your guide for your hotel transfer. Remainder of day at leisure (D).