Fred Olsen Brabant
Welcome aboard the river cruising boat, Brabant. Built in 2006, this stylish, comfortable vessel has everything you need to make your holiday memorable, from bright and spacious public areas to well-equipped bedrooms to ample deck space from which to enjoy the superb views gliding by. With just four decks and less than 80 rooms and suites, Brabant has the intimate, ‘home-from-home’ atmosphere which Fred. Olsen’s guests know and love.
Brabant’s classic design is a little smaller than many river boats, so you’ll enjoy the usual hallmarks of Fred. Olsen’s approach to cruising. In line with their ocean-going fleet, this smaller-scaled vessel has the style, ambience and understated quality of a country house hotel. As a family run business for nearly 170 years, Fred. Olsen have been using their experience in planning unique itineraries for their Ocean-going vessels and now, that experience has been applied to this new programme of river cruises.
Brabant is personal and intimate with only about 150 guests onboard. Cruise ship staples such as swimming pools, a number of lounges and on-going activities are not in evidence, making way for a comfortable ambience, complemented by relaxed and roomy public areas where occasional daily entertainment, leisurely drinks and absorbing conversation with new-found friends is the norm.
Each day opens up new destinations and adventures – sometimes more than one within 24 hours. On many itineraries, time has been allowed for scenic cruising so that guests can enjoy views of the countryside from the open deck, in the lounges or from the panoramic windows of their room if a Juliette Balcony Room or Suite is booked. Brabant will moor as close as operationally possible to the heart of a city, town or village, with the local attractions nearby. As is usual for river boats, you may have to walk through or over other vessels to get ashore.
What’s included with your cruise
With a Fred. Olsen river cruise you’ll find so much is included in the price that you don’t have to worry about a thing. Rest assured, all of the following comes as standard:
• Comfortable en suite accommodation with flat-screen TV, hairdryer, safe and individually controlled air conditioning
• Gourmet dining every day throughout your cruise – with ‘early riser’ breakfast, breakfast buffet, casual lunch, five-course à la carte dinner and late-night snacks
• Complimentary tea & coffee station 24 hours a day
• Complimentary afternoon tea & coffee with sandwiches and cakes
• Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
• Complimentary Wi-fi
• Use of leisure facilities including Fitness Room and wellness tub
• Lounge music by pianist or duo every day
• All local taxes and port charges (where collectable in advance)
Take a look at this feature packed ship.